My sons & I loved the 2000 movie, Pay It Forward, with favourites Bruce Willis, Helen Hunt, Kevin Spacey, & especially, Haley Joel Osment. And since the book is usually better than the movie, the novel by Catherine Ryan Hyde is on my wishlist.
Of course, I thought the pay it forward concept perfect for my sons [and I] to learn & practice. Usually though, if I see a blog offering an opportunity to join in, I’m much too busy to promise something in the requested deadline.
Yesterday, Julie Christine, at a favourite blog, Crafting Glass, introduced me to a beautiful chain of wonderful ladies who’ve offered Surprise Pay It Forward homemade gifts to 3 others — at a surprise date sometime in the year after their post.
Yup, that’s a full 12 months! I absolutely adore the surprise component, both as a receiver & a sender — how exciting! And I can do this! So, . . .
How It Works:
I will send a surprise gift to each of the first 3 people who comment on this post & then post their own pay it forward commitment. This gift will be made by me and I will send it sometime within the next year. Exactly when you will receive it will be a surprise.
In honour of my brother’s 51st birthday today, I am also offering another 3 surprise gifts at my other blog at Dawne Thoughts, AND I will send one to my brother by his birthday next year! I promise with a Boy Scout vow.
Rules You Agree to:
- To sign up to receive a gift from me you must play along too. You must have a blog & share the giving love on it by promising to send a handmade goody, within one year [365 days], to the first three people who comment on your blog post & continue the chain of surprises.
- After commenting on my post, you have to post this (or similar) on your blog to spread the love. If you haven’t posted in 72 hours [3 days] then the next commenter is eligible to be chosen.
- One gift per person per year among all my blogs. Simply to be fair.
would be nice:
- Become a follower of my blog through email or facebook — I’d like to offer 3 surprise gifts at milestones such as 100 followers or 50 facebook page likes. More surprises.
- Please live in North America [not mandatory] as shipping could get expensive mailing gifts overseas.
ensure i can contact you:
When you leave your comment here, ensure I can contact you through email. Although I will check your blog, it would be great if you’d notify me [with another comment or email] when you’ve posted your Surprise Pay It Forward commitment to ensure your eligibility.
I can’t wait to see how this all goes — have fun!
I can see this becoming an annual event.
Functional glass & wood art on Vancouver Isle
;-) I’m linking with: